Monday 30 March 2009

Who is my illustration aimed towards?


A target audience is a group of people that a certain product is aimed towards. Discovering the correct target audience during my initial design process is vital. Without knowing my target audience, my illustration will be difficult to create and may not attract the appropriate people to the book when it is finished . This may result in the book not selling.
A target audience can be people of a certain age group, gender, marital status etc. In this case, my target audience is women – whether they be Single / married /co habiting/ divorced / heterosexual / lesbian or bisexual, this does not matter. The age group of these targeted women however is not as easy to predict as their gender and marital status.

These are some of the publishing editors based at virago press - Mostly women of all ages.


Many of the authors published within the book live in the North of England rather than in the South and tend to be of middle age rather than the young upcoming writers that you would expect. Nevertheless, from reading some of the stories myself, I think they will appeal to a variety of age ranges from late teens onwards. Other age ranges may also be interested in the book so I have to ensure my design is diverse enough to cater for these minorities alongside the targeted audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment